29/02/2012

I can see youuuuuuu.




I now finally have glasses so I can see properly. Now I don't have an excuse to do badly in year 12, haha. I quite like my glasses, they're Calvin Klein. However, my friend Declan keeps calling me Clark Kent, which is exactly what my brother called me, hahahah.
Unfortunately I had extremely high eye pressure. It was mid 30's last week, today it was 44 and 46, meaning I have juvenile glaucoma. How unlucky can I be. Doctor thinks it's only come in the past month or two, meaning it shouldn't be a bad problem for me, but if I don't get surgery soon then I'll be blind in a couple of years. I don't want to be blind at the age of 20. Luckily, they are confident that this will be able to be fixed. The only problem is I'll have to take eye drops for the rest of my life.
Apparently my family is a 'goldmine' of information to some guy that does heaps of tests about glaucoma at Flinder's University. It goes right back in my family, and considering glaucoma is so rare, I seem to have chosen the wrong family.
Just another disease to add to my list of medical problems and injuries, it seems to be forever growing.

Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment